Sensory Creative kids DIY Craft pack
Luna and Co Designs Sensory Creative kids DIY Craft pack includes 9 sensory based activities.
- Decorate a diary - Using the diary and patterned paper provided, tear the paper and glue to the diary. You can add pom poms and ribbons for extra decoration. The diary doubles as secret storage, kids can keep notes and other important pieces in the special case.
- Stitching cards - learn how to do a basic running stitch by using the stitching cards, needles and wool provided. Create greeting cards for friends and family.
- Air dry clay - make a trinket bowl or Christmas decorations.
- Loom wall hanging - learn the basics of weaving using the pre prepared loom provided. Turn the wool and ribbons into a gorgeous wall hanging that you can be proud of.
- Australiana Animal Mobile - using the mobile, animals and paper provided, tear paper to decorate animals, then hang from the mobile. You can get extra crafty and add beads or feathers aswell.
- Spinning tops - decorate and assemble your own spinning tops.
- DIY sensory bead necklace - create your own necklace using Chew Buddy Sensory beads (BPA free and non toxic).
- Silk and foam clay kit - a sensory experience that allows children to play and create using foam and silk clay.
- Snow Dome - create your own artwork and show case it in your snow dome. A great Christmas craft activity
What makes these craft packs helpful for children?
Tearing paper is a great fine motor activity as it requires strength and endurance of the small muscles in children's hands. Building these muscles assists children in handwriting, colouring, buttons, zippers and more. The non-dominant hand is assisting in the tearing and encourages appropriate assistance for tasks like holding the paper while writing, and managing paper while cutting with scissors.
Another activity that assists in fine motor skills is spinning tops because they work on skills such as pincer grasp, in-hand manipulation, arch development, and eye-hand coordination just by spinning a top!
Weaving and stitching is a great fine motor skill as it develops pincer grip, hand eye coordination, bilateral coordination, and a life skill of knowing how to do a basic running stitch.
Clay is a sensory product that children can squish and manipulate, and is a tiny bit messy. A great sensory tool that builds tactile resistance and fine motor skills.
We are approved Creative kids providers therefore you are able to claim up to $100 back from the government.
Shipping is free or you can pick up from either Kariong or Point Clare - pick up will be at front porch, each brown paper bag will be clearly marked and you can pick up anytime once we notify you, so please keep an eye out for the email advising that you can pick up (and check your junk inbox as sometimes the email ends up there).
Please note: craft activities may be changed if demand is high.
How to book using your creative kids voucher:
Step 1: Add the workshop to your cart
Step 2: When ready, click on cart to check out
Step 3: Follow the check out process till you get to the payment page. There will be a discount code box (see image below), enter code: creativekids this will apply your $100 discount.
Step 4: Pay the remaining amount then email firstname.lastname@example.org with the creative kids voucher number, the children's date of birth and their names as stated on the voucher
Step 5: We either arrange a courier to deliver or you pick up depending on what you have chosen.
What else is included:
We include all the basic equipment required such as paints, paint brush, glue, beads and instructions - basically everything you need to get creative.